Where Oh Where Has My Little Boy Gone?
He's still not here.....although I wouldn't have wanted him to come this weekend. On Saturday night I came down with the flu or food poisoning (I won't mention which restaurant I picked food up from). I threw up all night long and had issues at the other end as well. I didn't get any sleep and was completely exhausted the next day. Throughout the night I was having some contractions as well, so I prayed that our little guy wouldn't come that night - no way would I have made it through labor. The next day I stayed home from church and slept for 7 hours. I was still exhausted and couldn't eat anything. Then I went to bed early (missed the Packer game, but just as well - I woke up in time for the last minute and wasn't pleased) and woke up Monday morning feeling pretty good.
I had my first meal in 36 hours (Special K) and had to go to the doctor to be checked for dilation. By the time we got in the car to go to the appointment, I was wiped out. I was not looking forward to seeing my doctor. But he gave me good news. I reported in an earlier blog that I was 1 cm dilated. Well, the week after, a different doctor checked me and said I hadn't dilated at all (even more depressing than only being one cm is going backwards to zero!!). Well, yesterday my doctor gladly announced that I was 3cm. So, from 0 to 3. That's gotta mean something right???? I have high hopes now.
AND...today I have been having backaches and more frequent contractions. You never know - maybe today is the day. And ironic of course, no one chose this day on the poll! So, I guess that would make me the automatic winner!!:)
I hope to report good news to you soon - I'm sure you're all anxious to hear the name of our little boy. Well, we're anxious to finally decide on a name!:) Oh, and pray he isn't too big! Please??
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home