15 weeks and ultrasound news
Well, our last appointment (mentioned in the last entry) was a letdown. We expected to hear the baby's heartbeat and to set up an ultrasound appointment. The nurse wasn't going to let us do either. I was so frustrated - we were able to do both of those at 12 weeks with Kate. So, I forced my way into getting another nurse to listen for the heartbeat. Unfortunately, we weren't able to hear it - the baby was too low. And I was also able to set up an ultrasound for us too. We had that on Monday the 16th and we were able to see a healthy bouncing baby. What a relief. I'm sure every mother worries if her baby is alive, until she is able to hear the heartbeat or see it move on the ultrasound. Nathan and I were so excited.
The baby was measuring at 3 ounces, and his/her heartbeat was 160. Many people are able to tell if the baby is a boy or girl just from the heartbeat rate, but this heartbeat is close to middle range. But, we are kind of thinking it is another girl. Hopefully we will be able to find out at 20 weeks, when they do another ultrasound to do more in-depth measurements of all the body parts (liver, brain, etc...).
My back is hurting all the time. And I get frequent headaches (from the back problems). I can't imagine what kind of pain I will be at 6 months, or even 9 months! But I have a great step-dad who takes care of me and my back!! Thanks Bill!
Important!! I do not have a Snapfish account anymore - I didn't feel like buying anything from them, so my "membership" expired. I will find a new way to post more photos soon. The link is still on our page, but I will leave it there until I replace it with the new site link, when I find one.
We have another appointment on May 8th, so I will update you then of how things are going. As for Kate, she is counting in Spanish very well, better than in English; she is learning to put her shoes/clothes on; she loves to sing and have songs sung to her. She talks to the baby at times, but still doesn't understand that she has to be gentle with Mommy's tummy. She is 22 months.
Hope you're all doing well!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home