A whirlwind of a month
It's amazing how quickly December flies by each year! I think that our family does more in this month than any other month. Here are some highlights:
A dedication: Kate was dedicated on December 3rd. Both sides of our fam
ily were able to be there, which was special for us. We thought Kate would be quiet up on stage, watching everyone in the audience, but we were completely wrong. From the moment we went up on stage, Kate was trying to flail herself out of our arms. The poor families who were before us - they had to hear Kate's fussing throughout their child's dedication! Well, we finally figured out a way to keep her quiet. I held her and sang quietly in her ear while we waited for her turn. I sang so many songs! And then she saw our family in the audience and started waving frantically. By the time we were done, I was exhausted.
A birthday: Nathan turned 26 on December 16th. He requested a fruit pizza for his cake this year. Mmm mmm!! Our good friends Joe and Angel Koob (and their kids Grace, Matthew, and "baby girl") came to visit us for the weekend. Not only did we have fun friends to hang out with, but we celebrated Nathan's b-day at Famous Dave's, our favorite restaurant!A birth: On December 25th, a special little baby was born. His name was Jesus. Our family was very excited to celebrate his birth. In fact, Kate had been practicing the hand motions to "Away in a Manger" for months. This year's celebration was wonderful! We celebrated first with Nathan's extended family on Saturday, which was perfect for us. This year, the Wagner "Christmas" was in Milwaukee, so we didn't have to drive far from Illinois. We ate, opened presents, and played games. We had to be back in Illinois for Sunday/Christmas Eve service, but then after that we drove to Baraboo so we could celebrate with the Wenzel family. On Christmas day we opened presents, played games, and then played Amazing Race (which I nicknamed Amazing Grace). Lindsey and J set up a race-type game, and in this game, teams (Nathan and I were partners) had to paint our fingernails, make a castle out of playing cards, break balloons by sitting on them.....you get the point. Amazingly, Nathan and I won. We got some cute prizes, but probably best of all, we got exercise!:)
A special visit: Saturday, the 30th, we went to Indiana to my extended family's annual Christmas party. But before we went to the party, we made a special stop to visit my Grandpa Dominguez. It was a really good time. I met some relatives I never knew - some of my grandpa's siblings. And then we ate some REAL GOOD mexican food! Homemade tortillas and tamales! My grandpa has a sweet spirit, so I like to visit him when I can. I was sad to leave. You never know when someone you love will die, not matter how old, but my grandpa is 78. He had a heart attack a year ago and then a few months ago he broke his hip. So, I treasure every time I can spend with him.
And now we come to a new year. No special resolutions for me (I make resolutions frequently anyway...and never keep them). But I'm looking forward to some more fun with Kate and Nathan. Hopefully we will have another snowy day soon - Grandpa and Grandma Wagner gave us some sleds that we really want to use!!:)
Love to you all! - Anna, Nathan, and Kate

p.s. For those who don't remember, to enter into our Snapfish page, use the email annabonitaesther@yahoo.com, with password wagner3.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home