The Wagner Fam

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Another one bites the dust...

Another birthday that is. I am now officially a quarter-of-a-century old. Sheesh, how flattering. I wish I felt my age. Am I the only young mom who feels like she's 45?!?! Most women my age still go out late with friends, have great body figures, and go to the mall or movies for fun. If I'm lucky, my "fun" is going for a walk with Kate or watching a movie after she goes to bed (thanks again public library!).

Being a mom is really hard, harder than anyone ever told me. But I still love it. How can anyone not love being a mom, especially when your child makes you so proud? This week Kate learned how to say "apple" and "banana" and she can now sign "dad" and "cracker". What next my little Kate?? Kate has actually been really great these last few days. She has been able to keep herself busy for up to a half an hour while I get stuff done or read part of a book (how glorious!). She pulls the little stuffed animals out of her Noah's Ark and finds all sorts of interesting places to hide them. And then she turns the handle on her Lamb-in-the-box 20 million times, and after every time the lamb pops up, she brings it to me to push the top back down again.

Kate's getting her 12th tooth and has been for the last 3 weeks it seems like. And she's starting to run. Man she's growing up so fast. People keep asking me when we're going to have another child. As if I can handle another little bugger running around. Whatever happens though, I know Kate's going to be a great big sister!
Nathan's busy studying right now. This past week has been pretty busy and exhausting for him. He's recuperating from his many wounds he received during his paintball escapade with the youth group. At the end of September, he will be attending John Piper's Desiring God conference in Minneapolis while I attend our friends' wedding in Baraboo.

Enjoy the almost autumn season! Can't wait to go and get a pumpkin:) Love to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home