The Wagner Fam

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ahhh....Vacation!

Our vacation has come and gone, and what a vacation it was! I'm still not sure what category I fit in, whether I would rather relax and do nothing on a vacation, or see and do as much as possible. This was a vacation of the second type.

Tuesday (18th) we visited the Field Museum with the King Tut exhibit in Chicago. Wednesday we went back to Chicago to see the Shedd Aquarium. We loved it!

We rested on Thursday and then headed to Warren Dunes State Park in southern Michigan on Friday. The dunes were beautiful!! Kate really liked "swimming" and found plenty of interesting things to put in her mouth:). It began to rain a few hours after we got there, so we headed to the hotel early (and ate pizza - yum!!).

Saturday and Sunday we were in Fort Wayne, Indiana to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday. It's always good to see relatives!! My favorite part was hearing the family reminisce about the old songs they used to sing.

Then Monday and Tuesday we headed up to Wisconsin to the Oshkosh area to visit John and Jess (my brother and sister-in-law), and of course make a short stop at EAA, Airventure air show:). Nathan was in heaven at the airshow. Nathan is a pilot and is anticipating building his own airplane....in a few decades!


Yes, that IS Harrison Ford!! The highlight of MY time at the airshow was seeing him in person!! Harry's hobby is flying, and he owns 3 planes and a helicopter. I was extremely bummed that he didn't come over and offer to autograph my arm and take me for a plane ride.:( Also, if any of you know who Aaron Tippin is (country singer), he was there also. Check the snapfish website for his pic.

Now we are back to our regular schedule, and I can't believe school starts in less than a month! We're pretty busy up until that time - tomorrow we are going to my good friend Matt's wedding in Milwaukee. And next weekend Nathan takes the junior highers up to Baraboo for a retreat at Devil's Lake. Don't forget you are always welcome to post comments to the blog entries. I'd love to hear what you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home