The Wagner Fam

Thursday, June 15, 2006

All We Can Do is Laugh.

As if our life wasn't busy enough.....

A few weeks ago Nathan and I got pulled over because Nathan wasn't wearing his seatbelt. Nathan has this (bad) habit of putting his seatbelt on a few minutes after beginning to drive. Well immediately after starting to drive, I told Nathan to quickly turn onto a road because I wanted to go to a garage sale (MY bad habit) - lo and behold, we were driving right into a controlled seatbelt-check area. We were issued a ticket for $55 and told that we (I mean "he") wouldn't have to go to court if we/he pleaded guilty and sent in the money.

We were only able to send in the money after 10 business days had passed and when that time came, we realized that the police officer accidentally checked the box "must appear in court" although he told us we did not have to. So we spent a week and a half trying to get a hold of him. He never returned our calls. Nice guy.

And to add more stress...Nathan's court day was 2 days away. Reading more of the fine print on the ticket, we realized that we had to send in the money 3 days before the court date! Nathan called the court and told them the situation so they told him to drive to court that day and try to pay in person (Waukegan is approx. 30 minutes away). When he got there, they would not accept the money and told him he had to go to court the next day (today).

Now Nathan and I can procrastinate on certain things...like getting an Illinois driver's license. So, Nathan packed Kate up early this morning to go to the DMV to try and get a driver's license before his court time in Waukegan at 10:30. Thankfully he was able to get it, drop off Kate at a babysitter's (I was at a chiropractor appointment) and drive the 30 minutes north. While I was at the chiropractor though, I found out that Sandy at the office had to do the same thing for a speeding ticket, but she was forced to pay court fines - $200!! So I called Nathan to tell him that he may need to have more cash on hand.

I was so stressed. And to make matters worse (or funnier), Nathan took my car because it has the carseat. I took the old white Ford to my appointment. However, when I got in the car, the electric seat adjustor was stuck and I was forced to drive with the seat WAAAY back with the very tip of my shoe just barely pressing the accelerator.

Well, I just received a call from Nathan and he said that he did not have to pay court fines, just the ticket cost. All is said and done with this saga of our lives. And now we can look back on this time....and laugh.

Hope your life is going smoother than ours!!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home